We asked around and here are some reasons why people love
Edgewood Church – and maybe you will too!
This is a special place to hear God’s voice and feel God’s presence.
- Edgewood Church is a place that reminds us of the things that are truly important.
- Edgewood Church helps us remember who we are and who God created us to be.
- Following the way of Jesus with other people makes life both more beautiful and more fun! We learn a lot about life, faith, and God from multiple perspectives.
- We see God changing people’s lives here.
- Praying and praising God with other people puts the rest of life in perspective!
Where Everybody Knows Your Name…
- “I feel like I’m known and loved by my fellow brothers and sisters here.” We can disagree on important things and still find love and belonging here.
- When you are here, you know you are not alone. No matter what you are going through, you are not alone and there are ways to get help.
- Edgewood Church is a place you can come as you are. Everyone here already knows we’re not perfect and we don’t expect you to be perfect either.
A Place of Reconciliation…
- We are all different but we all have a common goal – to live with Jesus as Lord.
- Questions are okay here.
- We are living out racial and economic reconciliation.
- We throw great parties and events that get all kinds of people together! Like our annual Rock on the Grass – a neighborhood concert and our Community Fall Festival.
A Place to Make a Difference & Join God’s Story…
- We make a difference in the world around us. Service is part of our natural functioning, rather than a series of disconnected projects. We love each other and the neighborhood around us in concrete ways. We help make our schools better and help student’s succeed.
- There are ways for everyone to pitch in and be a part. Most of the attendees are also people who help the church run!
- The Bible and the Christian life are taught in ways that everyone can understand & apply.
A Place for Your Kids to Belong…
- Teenagers are invited to join the company of adults.
- We have CHILD CARE- with AWESOME volunteer teachers. This is a place where kids are loved and taught about faith in ways they understand.
- Our nursery & toddler room is close by – you can drop your little one off and never be far away.
- Parents are given resources to teach their children about faith